Would you like to:
- Be an essential part of the IT operations for our growing international group?
- Use your expertise in architecture, global infrastructure management, cyber security and several other software platforms to support the group's mission?
- Manage a team and liaise with the IT directors of our business units located around the world in order to determine their technological needs and develop solutions in line with the objectives of our organization?
- Be part of a team of professionals from several IT fields located in Canada, Germany and Great Britain and who work in synergy with our local teams located in 32 sites in more than 28 countries?
- Work within a modern and highly technological organization?
Under the responsibility of the IT Vice-President, we are looking for an Information Technology Director to contribute to the success of our IT operations.
As Information Technology Director you will:
- Participate in the development and execution of the IT master plan for technological transformation projects and lead large-scale projects;
- Define, develop and maintain an operational and efficient structure of the IT department;
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of existing infrastructure/systems through preventive maintenance and continuous improvement of platforms;
- Prepare and control IT budgets, as well as the overall estimate of the project portfolio, and ensure that they respect the goals, objectives and defined guidelines;
- Support the IT team in place and participate in daily activities;
- Use best practices, techniques and tools related to planning, executing and managing projects, tracking deliverables and on-going milestones, communication and key performance measures;
- Use industry key performance indicators to continuously assess the value and performance of the services delivered by the team;
- Coordinate and oversee the execution of the IT operating model by the business units;
- Create processes and standards for systems support;
- Participate in the identification of training needs and the development of training programs;
- Ensure a technological watch in the field of the digital transformation of organizations, and work together with the management team and each of the team leaders in order to identify the relevant digital development opportunities, and contribute to facilitating the management and acceptance of the changes required.
and in return we offer you:
- Flexible working hours;
- Telecommuting available;
- New workspaces in an illuminated and modern work environment;
- Three weeks of vacation upon hiring;
- Five paid days off (in addition to statutory holidays) when offices are closed for the holiday season;
- Five floating holidays per year;
- Group insurance, contributory RRSP program;
- An on-site gym with lunchtime classes in yoga and circuit training;
- Affordable catering service with employer contribution;
- Reimbursement for professional membership;
- Parking and electrical charging station;
- Regular activities organized by the Social Club
As a recognized leader and passionate about information technology, you will oversee the IT operations of our organization. You will be responsible for managing a team in the IT department and liaising with business unit IT directors to determine their technology needs and develop solutions in line with our organization's objectives. To succeed as an IT director, you will need to have excellent technical skills, as well as superior project and personnel management skills. You must be fluent in French and English.
The desired profile:
- A university degree in computer science or related field;
- A master's degree in computer science is preferred;
- Evidence of continuous education, such as certifications, is desirable;
- At least five years of management experience in an IT environment;
- Solid working knowledge of computer operations and systems;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong leadership and project management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Are you UP for the challenge? Apply here.